This month's EVE Blog Banter idea comes to us by Roc Wieler of Roc's Ramblings. Roc's asks us to "write a story about a fellow EVE Blogger, or an EVE player whom has inspired you or affected you in some tangible way. After your story, describe why you chose them, and any Holiday wish you have specifically for them".
I've been blogging on-and-off for a few years, and after a turbulent time in my life passed and I found myself with some semblance of stability, I decided to get back to it. Lucky for me I had plenty of stuff to write about, not the least of which was my return to EVE Online. Upon my return to the blogosphere I found MANY talented bloggers who wrote exclusively about EVE, and managed to insert myself into their virtual cult.
Even though there are hundreds of talented EVE bloggers, there are a handful that have made my time among them extra-enjoyable. I'd like to extend to them salutations, thanks and holiday goodwill. The reason I'm mentioning bloggers is because it's these people that made me feel like part of the larger EVE community; a sensation I hold close to my heart.
CrazyKinux could be seen as our leader, and indeed, when I think of what he may look like, I picture a green dude with a huge brain and machiavellian intent. I thank him for his unifying efforts and wish him much success in turning us into his loyal army.
Mynxee, Shae are both Hellcats in title and attitude, and it really shows in their blogs. Pirates have a strong foothold in the blogosphere, but these two really are thee cream of the crop. Best of luck to their future evil endeavors.
Roc Wieler is a mostly in-character blogger, and I'm constantly amazed at how he can be so prolific and still keep the quality of his work so high. He's also part of several EVE-related side-projects that really should garner him more recognition than it does. Best of luck to him and his dealings. I'm looking forward to having a beer with him soon.
There are dozens more who deserve far more readership than they receive. That's why my blogroll is so long. There are pirates and industrialists and factional warriors. I urge you, gentle reader, in this holiday season to go and read and comment and link to your heart's content. Spread the blogging joy.
* CrazyKinux's Musing: Standing on the Shoulders of Giants
* The Wandering Druid of Tranquility: What will your verse be?…
* A Merry Life and A Short One: EVE Blog Banter #3: What Not To Do
* Mad Rant: My Hero
* The Ralpha Dogs: A Greeting Card
* Inner Sanctum of the Ninveah: The Station
* Roc's Ramblings: Blog Banter #3 - PyjamaSam
* Protosolus: EVE: Blog Banter 3 - A Piratical Legend
* Blogging from inside the Pod: The 'Jita Incident'
* Achernar: Citizen Zhang
* Cosmik R5's EVE Blog: Blog Banter: Tribute to an EVE player - Letrange
* Letrange's EVE Blog: Is it December Banter time already?
* Life in Low Sec: EVE Blog Banter #3: Reverend Book
* Sweet Little Bad Girl: Blog Banter #3
* Votrian's EVE Blog: EVE Blog Banter #3 - my influences
* Zen and the Art of Internet Spaceship Maintenance: Blog Banter #3 Ships that pass in the night
* A Mule in EVE: The reawakening
* Jinarre's New Eden: Blog Banter: Inspiration
* The House Theodoulos: EVE Blog Banter #3
* Flashfresh - The Pirate: EVE Blog Banter #3
Wet splats in Tower Control (9-8, Tri-slosher)
3 hours ago