Monday, December 15, 2008

My life in EVE - Part 11.

Saturday 14 hours straight mission running with a little over 30 minutes break for food, bathroom and retina regeneration. I would have done something similar on Sunday, but I instead went with my family to enjoy my favorite yearly family activity: Cutting down the Christmas tree. I look forward to it all year because it's the simplest kind of fun. Much rough-housing to be had as well... still sore. Watched Dark Knight with the folks. My mom was disturbed but had a few geek-gasms during the Batmobile/Bat-Pod scene. I think it's probably my favorite movie of all time at this point.

Anywho, back to EVE.

I started early Saturday morning with about 62 million, and ended up with about 103 million with about another 6 million in sell orders. I'm told this is not a lot. It is a lot for me though, and I don't really care if others can make money faster mining or inventing or pirating. I make it as fast as I can, and the more I work at it the better I'll be in the long-run. I like earning a higher security status. I like earning LP. I like earning standings.

Speaking of standings, I'm inching closer and closer to the point that I'll be able to use a Jump Clone. I won't be sending the Hyboria to Curse though, and I'm using my (still officially unnamed) Maelstrom for lvl.4 missions, so I need a new ship. I want to leave empire with something I can use in both solo and gang ops effectively. I'm thinking T2. At this point I'm not sure how much isk I can spend on it and obviously much skill training is left to be done, but I'm happy to entertain suggestions.

Weapon Upgrades V finishes tonight. Not sure what I'll be training after it, but off the top of my head I'm thinking either navigation or drones.

Speaking of drones, if I want to use them in lvl.4 missions to take care of ships too small and fast for my arties to hit, should I be using large drones or medium?

Tomorrow is the final chapter of Last Son of Prano. I'm pleased to have finished a story, and I'm happy some have liked it. I'm not entirely happy with it, but if I procrastinated too long with it the whole project would have stalled. A writer needs to write. If you're not writing, you're not a writer. I'm not sure what I'll be writing next, but I do want to keep writing. My only regret is how little feedback I got. I get the feeling people are reading (the view counter on the U'K forum is currently at 664), but I find it hard to believe that they have no opinion about it. if you're reading me on Google Reader and don't feel like loading my page to drop a comment, PLEASE feel free to email me at psychediver@gmail.com!

If you'd like to RP with Gigaer live, find me on EVE-Bloggers in-game channel!

Bought my friend's copy of Burnout Paradise from my friend Ben, who's the worst kind of douche... a friendly and intelligent one. Not much time with it so far, but I can't get the song Paradise City out of my head since Saturday. Speaking of friends, I want to clear something up. My friend Barry is not as lame as I make him out to be. Sure, he's a total noob, but he's trying hard to become a trained noob. He has friends other than me, and he's a very skilled chef who makes a killer wonton soup. I look forward to him teaching me how to be a pro cook as I teach him to pwn. To that end, he grabbed a copy of Vegas 2. He's tried EVE before, and I'm trying to get him back into it. The wife is full engrossed in Fable 2 so I may have some good time in EVE during the week.

o7

6 comments:

Tony "EVE's Weekend Warrior" said...

"I started early Saturday morning with about 62 million, and ended up with about 103 million with about another 6 million in sell orders."
Wow, that's amazing!

"I like earning a higher security status. I like earning LP. I like earning standings."
Ditto that!

"Weapon Upgrades V finishes tonight."
Mine will probably finish next weekend.

"Speaking of drones, if I want to use them in lvl.4 missions to take care of ships too small and fast for my arties to hit, should I be using large drones or medium?"
Neither, you have to use lights for frigates, even the slower ones, if you don't wanna get scrambled and killed.

Send me an email if you want more info on missioning :P (tonyli.lives@gmail.com)

Bahamut said...

OK, Lights. At least affording T2 drones won't be a problem.

Tony "EVE's Weekend Warrior" said...

Well, you'll definitely want a set of lights. I find a pack of Hobgoblin II's will do fine and can catch up to most frigs.

Then after that, with 75m3/mb left, I would throw in a pack of mediums, preferably Hammerhead II's.

Then finally, with 25m3/mb left, either go for Warrior II's if you really have a LOT of trouble catching the elite frigates or just a web-drone for better tracking.

---

Most of the time, I go (Hyperion):
- Target painter
- Guns
- Drones

Bahamut said...

Sounds like a plan. I like the idea of having an EW drone of some sort.

Tony "EVE's Weekend Warrior" said...

Haha ya, and if you can use them, you can save yourself a midslot by using target painting drones as they are much more helpful now, though I still don't think they are worth the decreased DPS by using Hammerheads.

Bahamut said...

Nah I think the DPS takes priority. As long as I have my drones taking out frigates I can use my 8 large arties for everything else.