Thursday, January 15, 2009

Fun with CrazyKinux

Been a pretty good week for me as a New Eden Resident, but even better as an EVE-blogger. First I had beer and wings with Roc Wieler on Monday, and last night I had sushi with CrazyKinux.

He's taller than I thought he'd be...

Yeah CK is in Toronto getting training for his new job, which sounds pretty cool (I have some basic understandings of it through my college career), and he's pretty stoked about it. I managed to get the wife to come with, as she loves sushi and good company as well.

CK was indeed great company. Like my meeting with Roc, I did far too much talking and listening, and far too little eating. It's a habit of mine that my appetite disappears when I'm in a good convo.

We spoke about the future of EVE, blogs, podcasts and fiction. Some arrangements were made and some brainstorming done. All will be revealed in due time. 2009 will be interesting indeed.

We both drooled over the concept of CCP moving out of Iceland and possibly into Canada. Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver all have benefits in place to attract IT and game developers, and Canada is in a good position to weather the current economic crisis. Add to that the rumor that the people who run E3 are looking to have a BIG game show in Canada, perhaps as early as this year.

My piece for ENN isn't up yet. I'm not sure if it's still pending or if it's been rejected. I hope someone would have the decency to tell me if it was rejected, so I'm assuming the former. I'll update here when the situation changes.

CK suggested getting a hand into EON. I may just.

Not sure if I'm going to have time to undock for a few days. I've been letting some other things go (looking into the Canadian Reserves, reading novels and comics, writing projects, etc...) and I should really attend to them. Skills won't suffer.

I may just rejoin the Facebook community...

o7

*UPDATE* MY PIECE IT UP! THIS WAS REALLY HARD TO WRITE AND MOST PEOPLE WILL PROBABLY HATE ME FOR WRITING IT AS IT IS A LITTLE TABOO. IT MADE MY WIFE CRY. PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK EITHER WAY!

No comments: