Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Mass Effect 2: Teh Teasing Begins.

Go HERE. Come back to my blog when you're done drooling.

I'll go over what we can gleam from this flash site point-by-point.

1) At some point, we see Sheperd "die".
2) We can expect a few returning characters. I'm also guessing we'll see a point in the game where the player takes direct control of characters other than Sheperd. They did this in KOTOR2.
3) The Geth are evolving. This could be due to adapting Reaver tech to themselves.
4) We may see a slightly improved graphics engine.
5) Cerberus will be a major antagonist.

Did I miss anything?

Other than the short teaser, we get to see two pieces of setting concept art, which looks great.

If you've been reading this blog for a while, you'll know that Mass Effect is probably my favorite non-EVE game of all time. I've been waiting some something to sink my teeth into for some time now, and now I can't wait for more!

If you have a 360 and have not played it, it's a pretty easy game to find and you get a great amount of replayability, especially for an RPG. It's unique in its execution and gorgeous in its presentation. What's more, you'll be able to transfer character data from the first game to the second, so anyone looking at getting into the series is best served grabbing the first game before 2010. Lastly, it's a planned trilogy, so investing in the story now gets you in on a well-constructed epic.

I was hoping for more DLC for the first game, but there are big indicators that there will be much more DLC for the sequel.

PC players have Mass Effect as well, and I'm betting on a simultaneous release for the 360 and PC this time around. Also, don't rule out a PS3 version at some point.

o7

1 comment:

Myrhial Arkenath said...

I'm totally looking forward to this game since it is one of the few I have actually finished in the last year (single player games tend to be really good if I manage that, lol). I've played part 1 on the PC but since I have a 360 now I am sort of torn between getting part 1 and 2 both for the 360 or just continue on the pc.